Thursday, May 24, 2007

Change of pace

I find myself losing faith in the ability of the Wikipedia community to recover from the tailspin it's pushed itself into lately, and I'm not getting much enjoyment out of trolling it, in any case.

The other night, someone (I haven't a clue who) messaged me via ICQ (wow, people still use ICQ) and asked me if I was still working on my Java port. As it happens, I haven't worked on it since late last year, and I regret that. So I'm putting down my sockpuppet army for now and am going back to working on the Java port. I'm actually starting over, with a whole new SVN repository and a new name, too.

Best of luck to the few sane people left in Wikipedia. Hopefully you'll be able to find someone to pick up the pieces after Wikimedia runs out of money....

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we successfully killed {{spoiler}}. That was fun. Read the spoiler guideline and you'll see it now says "if your article has a spoiler tag, it sucks and the tag might as well say {{cleanup}}."

    I'm also discovering that if I really want to upset stupid people, spoilers and fair abuse are just for practice. BLP enforcement is so the way forward. Particularly since I wrote the second version of WP:BLP that has more or less survived.

    ReplyDelete