Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration Special Event Stations

To the best of my knowledge, there are three special event stations designated in celebration of the inauguration of Barack Obama.

K4I is being operated by the Arlington Radio Public Service Club.  They are providing talk-in services for amateurs traveling to the Washington, DC area for the inauguration.  For more details, see their website.

W3I is being operated by Howard S Gorden, although he may be acting on behalf of another organization, possibly the Potomac Valley Radio Club, although I can find no mention of it on their site.  I haven't been able to find out anything else about this event station, so I don't know what the plans for this station are.

W3A is being operated by the District of Columbia Amateur Radio Society; they are operating it as a DX station, mostly in 20, 40, and 80 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment