Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I wish they'd get the toolserver working reliably. We haven't had reliable enwiki replication in almost four months now. They keep promising to get it working, but they just keep on failing to do so. And now it seems that all replication is down again. And of course, nobody knows why.

I realize this is a volunteer effort, but it might be nice if we got some volunteers who could actually get the job done, or at least explain why they're not getting the job done. This combination of not-working and no-explanation-why is really tiresome.

I have a lot of interesting statistics to generate and I can't do any of it because there's no data available on which to work. Perhaps I should just download the freaking dumps and run the queries on my own box -- it would probably take less time. I'm not sure I have enough disk space, though....

No comments:

Post a Comment