Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Google Trends, blog spam, and grocery coupons

I've been looking at Google Trends a bit lately.  At the moment, "coupons", "grocery coupons", "couponmom.com", "free coupons", "coupon mom", and "free printable grocery coupons" are all in the top fifteen ten hits.  I'm curious about this; why would this search term spike just now?  There appears to be an active blogspam campaign to push one or more of the online grocery coupon sites, so I'm wondering if the searches are being robogenerated by SEO manipulators to tamper with Google's ranking mechanisms.

It perpetually amazes me how much effort is put into gaming Google and the other search engines.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not an expert on Google at all...but couponing and Coupon Mom were on Oprah today. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete