I'm cleaning up my Firefox tabs; here's a selection of things I've found interesting in the past few days.
- Wired reports that outsourcing facilitates data theft. Surprise, surprise. Anybody remember that Pakistani medical transcriptionist that held medical records hostage?
- Anybody want to put odds on whether the perp in this story felt motivated by religious beliefs?
- Why do people persist in paying for things that one can have for free? There are quite a few free ham radio test prep sites (the one I used was AA9PW's, and I passed all three elements at once with only a few misses); why pay for something people give away?
- What better way to combine patriotism with avoiding CC&R's?
- Apparently the laws of physics have recently been changed in Idaho. I had no idea that radio transmission was not possible there until just a few days ago.