Wednesday, October 11, 2006

New book coming up!

I finally finished the Baroque Cycle tonight. I've been working on this book for ages now. Now I'm on to something else. Probably George R. R. Martin's "Song of Fire and Ice" series, or at least the first book thereof.

Here's another Keith Olbermann video that is definitely to be seen. I may have to put his show on season pass on the TiVo so I can watch these without having to futz around with MSN's annoying behavior on the web; as of today, it seems, I am unable to watch these in Firefox -- simply because I have Flash 9 instead of the expected Flash 8 (which I do not appear to be able to download). Annoying.

No progress on the MediaWiki port today; I have not been in the mood. I have tomorrow off, however, so maybe I'll catch up some during the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    As long time Gnu user, I started reading planet.debian.org and then subscribed to the debian-women mailing list and about 3 months ago, I started lurking on live.linuxchix.org to see what youz guyz were up to. I've always been interested in the presense of gender imbalance, in well, everything, but in this case the FLOSS world. Anyway on to my point for this post. I saw your links to Mr. Obermann and want to see what the fuss was about, but of course, MSN wasn't, as usual, being helpful by simply not allowing me to see the content even though I know my Gnu system, if given the chance can. This sent me to email the msn folks and complain with, as usual, a comical reply that said that their content was 'incompatible' with my Gnu system. Ha! I can only imagine that it was this type of situation that lead to someone making decss because someone said that it couldn't be done. This lead to a short hacking session with some results.
    If you go to the politics site at 'http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032553' and get the picture link of one of the videos like 'http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Video/060
    08/mtp_woodward_cheney_061008.vmod.jpg', you can get the 'flv' video by going to 'http://msnbc.vo.llnwd.net/e1/video/flash/mtp_woodward_cheney_061008.flv'. This is suitable for m
    player or wget. So, get the filename (mtp_woodward_cheney_061008.vmod.jpg) and s/.vmod.jpg/.flv/ and then append it to 'http://msnbc.vo.llnwd.net/e1/video/flash/'. This seems to
    work on quite a few of them. Cheers, Kev

    ReplyDelete