Friday, February 16, 2007

Permalinks and the imminent failure of Wikipedia

I really should use permalinks when I link to Wikicruft from my blog; several of the more serious warts I've complained about have been fixed, which kinda makes me look silly to people who come after, go to check, and don't find whatever I was complaining about. At least I know that people actually read my blog.

I read through some of the discussion surrounding the "Wikipedia is failing" essay. Curiously enough, the "Wikipedia is failing" essay itself has been moved out of the Wikipedia project space into to someone's userspace, but the rebuttal ("Wikipedia is not failing") continues to remain in the Wikipedia project space. The former Wikipedia-space page now has something resembling a disambiguation. Apparently the "Wikipedia is not failing" people felt that their point of view didn't get enough attention, and so they rammed through a "consensus" to marginalize Worldtraveller's opinion.

Remember, thou shalt not criticize Wikipedia, for Wikipedia is thy god.

Oh, and in case you haven't figured it out, permalinks are not (as far as I can tell) related to why Wikipedia is doomed to failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment